Eibhlin McCloskey Partner
Click here to download precis or vCard
Eibhlin graduated from UWA with a Bachelor of Laws in 1994 and was admitted to practice as a solicitor in Western Australia in 1997. Eibhlin has been with the firm since its inception in 2003. She became a partner in 2010.
With more than 25 years’ experience in the legal profession, Eibhlin’s practice is diverse. It includes:
- all manner of disputes arising under the Corporations Act
- corporate Insolvency
- contract drafting and disputes
- claims involving breaches of duties by directors, trustees and executors
- shareholder and partnership disputes
- share sales and shareholder agreements; joint venture agreements
- governance advice
- sales of business
- trade mark and copyright claims; IP and software licensing; collaborative research agreements
- estate disputes / insolvent deceased estates
- defamation claims
- debt recovery proceedings
- compensation claims under the Planning Development Act 2005
- compensation claims under the Military Superannuation & Benefits Scheme
Eibhlin’s client base includes listed companies, high net worth individuals and insolvency practitioners. She routinely acts for and against insolvency practitioners in connection with complex commercial negotiations, buy-outs and also in court proceedings. She has had the conduct of contested winding up applications, examinations and insolvent trading claims.
Eibhlin is a member of the Law Society of Western Australia. She has been repeatedly recognised in Doyle’s Guide in the areas of intellectual property, technology, media and telecommunications.