Our Workplace division is led by Alistair Talbert, who is recognised as a leading employment and safety lawyer in Western Australia. The Workplace team has the knowledge and experience to assist with all of our clients' employment, industrial relations and occupational health and safety (OHS) needs.
Our services include:
- front-end employment work such as drafting employment contracts, workplace policies and procedures and recommendations on pre-employment processes
- advice and guidance on managing employee issues including performance, fitness for work, bullying, harassment and discrimination. This includes undertaking, or engaging external experts, when a workplace investigation is required
- advice and representation on unfair dismissal, general protection and discrimination claims
- experience with drafting and negotiating enterprise agreements ensuring compliance with legislative requirements
- employment expertise on internal restructures including redundancy processes
- guidance on all facets of OHS to ensure understanding of and compliance with various safety legislation
- critical incident management including notification requirements, investigation, employee issues and stakeholder obligations
- strategically managing client responses to investigations by safety regulators including compliance with notices to produce, compelled interviews and improvement and prohibition notices
- legal advice and representation in prosecutions of businesses and individuals brought by safety regulators
The Workplace team, under Alistair’s hands-on leadership, provides timely, accurate, pragmatic and commercial advice to ensure successful outcomes are achieved, whatever the workplace issue.