Maintaining a reputation of legal excellence, the firm’s insurance practice specialises in defendant/insurer based representation and advice.
Partnering with public and private defendant insurers, we have extensive experience in assessing and managing claims across a wide range of personal injury and professional indemnity related insurance matters. We represent Australia’s leading insurers and a number of specialist underwriters, managing claims in the District and Supreme Courts of Western Australia as well as the State Administrative Tribunal.
Our services include:
- compulsory third party insurance, including a range of minor to catastrophic motor vehicle personal injury claims
- public and employer’s liability claims
- claims regarding asbestos-related diseases
- professional indemnity claims, including medical negligence
- other areas of professional indemnity claims against solicitors in relation to their management of personal injury, workers’ compensation, medical negligence and public liability matters
- advice regarding reporting and mitigation obligations
- claims for indemnity under a range of insurance policies including contractor risk, works, transit and marine and professional indemnity policies
- commercial litigation conducted on a joint subrogated and primary claim basis
- advice on occupational health and safety issues
In managing our clients’ interests, we aim to identify the key legal and determinative issues of a claim and resolve matters in an expedient manner. To this end, we are active proponents of mediated resolutions of claims, both on an informal basis and at pre-trial conference negotiations