The Tottle Partners culture is founded on all of our staff supporting and respecting each other and knowing that they are valued for their contribution.
We are proud of our down to earth culture, where we work hard but know there is more to life than the daily grind.
junior construction lawyer opportunity
We are seeking a junior skilled construction lawyer to join our firm's construction and engineering practice, which has repeatedly been recognised as one of the leading practices in Western Australia. Supporting two partners and working in a team of eight, you will have the opportunity to perform work:
- across a mix of complex disputes concerning public infrastructure, renewable energy, defence, mining and resources and commercial construction projects
- on behalf of contractors (Australian and multinational), owners, consultants, builders and developers
- in a range of jurisdictions including arbitration, court litigation, expert determination and adjudication
- with all the members of our team
- directly with our clients
If you have experience in construction law, an interest in providing commercial strategic advice and excellent communication skills then you will be well suited to this role.
We will offer the successful candidate an attractive salary package and the benefits of working on interesting and challenging matters in the rewarding, down-to-earth culture which Tottle Partners offers.
If you would like to learn more about this role or the firm generally, we would be happy to have a confidential discussion with you about your interests and experience.
To express your interest in this role, please email our Practice Manager Nicole Hosking at firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively please call Nicole at (08) 9217 6700. Please address the following matters in your application:
- that you have the right to work in Australia
- that you hold a current Australian legal practicing certificate
- the experience you have practicing construction law
- your legal employment history
- your university academic transcript
Our lawyers don't have to wait years to do challenging and interesting work; you will work directly with our clients and senior lawyers from day one. We operate an ‘open door’ policy and do not work in a rigid hierarchy or team structure, which provides you with the opportunity to work with many of your colleagues in the firm and gain experience in a range of practice areas.
With many of our partners having left large national firms to join Tottle Partners, we know the importance of flexible work practices and enabling our staff to achieve a positive work/life balance. You can work from home, remotely and from the office so you can enjoy the benefits which all of those different arrangements offer. We know that none of those arrangements impair the excellent and efficient work which our lawyers do.
You won't work all hours. That’s because we not only understand that you can be successful in your career and do interesting, complex and rewarding work without sacrificing your personal life and mental health. We know that you deserve more than just money and a title.
You will receive training from partners who are recognised and respected in the fields in which they practice and through our comprehensive in house CPD program. Our goal is to give all of our lawyers the opportunity to gain the knowledge, skills and the experience they need to excel and to gain the trust and confidence of our clients, regardless of their seniority.
Our value of and commitment to diversity and inclusion is apparent from the composition of our staff, including our partners.
If you are interested in joining Tottle Partners please email our Practice Manager, Rhea Wood with your CV at email@example.com .
law graduates and clerks
vacation clerkship opportunities
Our clerkship program will provide you with insights of what it’s like to work in a busy and thriving law firm. Open to students in their penultimate year of study, our clerkship program runs for a period of 2 weeks over summer and winter.
Our program will provide you with the opportunity to:
- gain experience in multiple areas of commercial practice
- have direct access to partners
You will not be limited to working within one practice group and we suggest that you utilise the opportunity to gain experience in multiple areas of practice during your time with us. Read about one of our clerk's experiences here.
Our application process is straightforward and simple, giving you a glimpse of how Tottle Partners operates.
Applications for positions commencing in 2020/2021 have now closed. Interviews will be held between Monday 10 August 2020 and Friday 18 September 2020 with offers being made on Friday 25 September 2020.
We offer graduates the opportunity to experience working in a leading West Australian commercial law firm.
Our graduate program includes:
- a comprehensive induction process
- strong professional support and development
- the opportunity to work with many of your colleagues (including partners and senior lawyers) within the firm, outside of a rigid team structure
- exposure to a range of practice areas
- direct contact with clients
- attendance at court
- flexible work arrangements and a work/life balance
- access to our mental health and wellbeing initiatives, including sports and wellness activities, flu vaccination, healthy catering and social activities.
Read about a day in the life of a Tottle Partners Senior Associate here.
In accordance with the Legal Practice Board's pre-admission requirements, you will ordinarily be required to complete the Practical Legal Training (PLT) program provided through the Western Australian College of Law, the Leo Cussen Centre for Law or another approved provider.
Applications for positions commencing in 2021 have now closed. Interviews will be held between Monday 10 August 2020 and Friday 4 September 2020 with offers being made on Friday 11 September 2020.